JOB TITLE: HR Assistant
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: Human Resource Director
JOB SUMMARY: Assist New-York Historical Society’s Human Resources Department with its clerical/administrative functions, including maintaining the museum’s personnel files and the new hire process.
EDUCATION: High School Diploma or equivalent. College coursework preferred. Proficient in current version of MS Word, Excel and Gmail. Graphics experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE: A minimum of three years administrative assistant experience working with confidential information. Must be computer literate, including the ability to learn and use program specific software. Must be a self-starter and enjoy working on a variety of projects. Requires attention to detail and excellent organizational skills. Must be able to maintain a high degree of confidentiality.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Administrative duties including the organization and filing of confidential documents; faxing, copying, scanning and shredding.
- Maintain New-York Historical Society’s active and terminated personnel files.
- Complete new hire paperwork including background checks, I-9’s, W-4s, ID Badges, etc.
- Post jobs on the museum website, bulletin board and other social media as determined.
- Enter and review information in the employee HRIS database while ensuring accuracy.
- Respond to employee verifications and requests for information
- Create new hire files and packets for all employees
- Run reports to meet the requirements of management.
- Additional duties as requested.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role using a computer; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Please reference the job title in the subject line.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer