Job Title: Project Construction Accountant
Reports to: Vice President of Operations
Responsible for the management of the Operations Department and capital project accounting. Maintains A/P, A/R, budgeting, checking trade requisitions from CM’s and Contractors. Verifies settlements with Finance Department, contractors, funding agencies and general accounts.
Education and Experience
- B.S. in Accounting/Finance or equivalent training, or related experience as a project accountant/controller on a construction project.
- A minimum of 3 years related Capital Accounts Management/Construction experience required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledge of the NYC/DDC capital project process. Preferably the DDC pass through or grant process for institutional contracts including VENDEX.
- Understanding of various types of construction.
- Quickly provide cost projections and various analysis so that management and the client are able to make informed decisions.
- Proficiency and working experience in Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Adobe. CmIc is preferred.
- Excellent management and organizational skills including the ability to work on several projects simultaneously. Must be able to meet critical deadlines and determine the priority of assignments.
- Communicate effectively both in writing and verbally. Must have strong interpersonal and influencing skills needed to communicate with the participants involved with a construction project.
- Analyze situations and data to resolve existing or potential problems.
- Manage general office set-up, file management and retention.
- Prepare & process payments and billings
- Prepare monthly over/under analysis
- Create and maintain ACR
- Prepare monthly cash flow
- Process subcontractor requests for payment
- Track & collect subcontractor documentation
- Prepare monthly job cost accruals
- Perform sales tax review of project AP invoices
- Enter phase codes upon initial job set up
- Enter contract budget & update as required
- Job Cost report preparation & review
- Track and maintain budget for capital projects and Operations Office
- Maintain Budget and Anticipated Cost Report for Capital Projects
- Prepare New York City requisitions with all necessary back up including certified payroll reports
- Approved subs back up – certified payroll reports, insurance certificates, bonds
- Approved subs requisitions
- Change Orders – Create and track CO’s from CM and trades.
- Prepared (WIP) work in progress for all projects
- General Condition analysis
- Expedited sub contractor payments
- Obtained waiver of liens
- Reconciled jobs at close out
- Obtained all necessary close out documents
- Submits Operations Department A/P and track payments
- Performs additional assignments as requested
Supervise Operations department office staff, interns and part time employees. Manage relocations staff for in-house moves.
For consideration please send cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. In the subject line please reference the job title. The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.