The New-York Historical Society is seeking a part-time Visitor Services Associate for its Visitor Services department. Visitor Services Associates staff the Society’s admissions and membership desk, coat check, auditorium, switchboard and call center in addition to other related tasks. Candidates must be available to work holidays.
- Selling museum admissions and memberships
- Accurate maintenance of cash drawer during their shift
- Attending and operating the coat room
- Processing guests who have meetings with Historical Society staff
- Answering the Society’s main switchboard phone and accurately transferring calls
- Distributing assistive listening devices other exhibition aids related to ADA accessibility
- Stocking and maintaining the staff coffee machine
- 1 year customer service/cashier experience, preferably in a museum/arts setting
- Computer skills
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- High level of verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with customers, coworkers and vendors with an outgoing positive attitude
While the employee may be required to stand or sit for extended periods of time and lift objects over their head, reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The pay rate for this position is $12/hour.
For consideration, please send cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line. The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer.