Digital Learning Programs Educator (PT)
JOB TITLE: Digital Learning Programs Educator (part time, temporary)
REPORTS TO: Manager of Digital Learning Programs
The New-York Historical Society is seeking a part-time Digital Learning Programs Educator to lead digital humanities programs for high school girls. Programs will utilize the museum galleries, including the Center for Women’s History, permanent collections, and special exhibitions. The collections of the New-York Historical Society support programming that covers 400 years of New York and American history.
Drawing on said world-renowned collections and a staff of passionate professionals, N-YHS Education engages learners of all ages in the study of our collective past to deepen content knowledge, develop 21st century skills, and foster an empowered and engaged citizenry. We believe in the power of authentic historical study to spark curiosity and creativity, to promote cultural understanding, and to strengthen our democracy.
Under the supervision of the Manager of Digital Learning Programs, the Digital Learning Programs Educator will collaboratively develop and facilitate object-based, inquiry-driven tours and hands-on digital skill building workshops in the museum galleries and classrooms.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for history and appreciation for the power of history to engage learners of all levels in the process of discovery. The Digital Learning Programs Educator must be available to work flexible hours during weekdays from December through March, as well as facilitate programs from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM February 19-23, 2018 and March 2-6, 2018 in order to be considered.
- Candidates must have a Bachelor’s degree in history, art history, education, digital media, or a related field.
- Candidates must have experience developing curricula and facilitating programming for teen audiences, particularly in an informal education setting.
- Candidates must have experience with HTML/CSS, producing websites, and ability to trouble-shoot challenges as they arise.
- Candidates must have a proven track record of successfully teaching coding skills to teen audiences, including ability to scaffold lessons to engage both beginners and more advanced learners.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- The Digital Learning Programs Educator will work closely with the Manager of Digital Learning Programs to support the development and implementation of digital learning programs for high school students at the New-York Historical Society.
- The Digital Learning Programs Educator will support the development of Tech Scholars digital learning programs including curriculum writing and ongoing evaluation.
- The Digital Learning Programs Educator will communicate with N-YHS administrative staff to ensure all programs are delivered in a timely fashion and meet expectations.
- Prior to teaching, the Digital Learning Programs Educator will gather materials to conduct successful programs.
- The Digital Learning Programs Educator is required to complete and submit all required paperwork including program evaluations and timesheets.
- Additional duties as requested
$25/hour Museum Program facilitation
$18/hour Training and Program Development
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This position will require the employee to lift, bend, stoop, walk, speak and stand for up to 6 hours in a day.
For consideration please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Interviewed candidates will be required to prepare a demonstration lesson using information provided by the Education Division.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer