Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
Eighth Grade: New York and the Nation, 19th–20th centuries
Starting in the 19th and ending in the 20th century, Students will learn how women, native people, people of color, and other marginalized groups responded to and were affected by eras and events that still reverberate through our modern world.
- Session 1: Industrialization
- Session 2: Manifest Destiny
- Session 3: Immigration
- Session 4: World War I
- Session 5: The Roaring Twenties
- Session 6: The Great Depression
- Session 7: World War II
- Session 8: Civil Rights
- Session 9: Culmination—A Visual Timeline