Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
High School: Regents Readiness, U.S. History and Government
Prepare your students for Regents success!
This series is a survey of the major events of American history, with a focus on reading, understanding, and analyzing primary source documents. It concludes with students working in small groups to prepare a timeline of American history as a final review for the U.S. History and Government Regents Exam. The skills they develop will serve them well in college and beyond.
- Session 1: The American Revolution in New York
- Session 2: New York and the Civil War
- Session 3: Industrialization
- Session 4: Immigration
- Session 5: The Roaring Twenties
- Session 6: The Great Depression
- Session 7: World War II
- Session 8: Civil Rights
- Session 9: Culmination—A Visual Timeline