Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
Kindergarten: How does the past compare to the present?
Students develop their critical thinking skills as they build an understanding of life in the past by comparing it to the way we live today. At the end of the series, students will demonstrate what they have learned by making a poster entitled Life Then and Now.
- Session 1: Objects Then and Now
- Session 2: Schools Then and Now
- Session 3: Portraits of People Then and Now
- Session 4: Clothing Then and Now
- Session 5: Play Then and Now
- Session 6: Jobs Then and Now
- Session 7: Transportation Then and Now
- Session 8: New York City Then and Now
- Session 9: Culmination – Life Then and Now
The Art and Whimsy of Mo Willems
We are delighted to offer a one-off program that brings Mo Willems’ creative genius straight to your classroom! Our innovative and hands-on program will take your students’ love of all-things-Mo to the next level by teaching them how the simplest shapes and lines can convey robust characters, emotive stories, and much more!