Discover dynamic education programs and curriculum resources about the history of our city, state, and nation.
Sixth Grade: Becoming a Historian
Acquire the skills that historians, archaeologists, and anthropologists use to learn about the ancient world by learning how to read primary sources for clues. Then students practice their newfound analytical skills with examples from American history.
- Session 1: Objects Tell Stories
- Session 2: Urban Archaeology
- Session 3: Learning to Read Images
- Session 4: Learning History with Images
- Session 5: Learning to Read a Map
- Session 6: Learning History with Maps
- Session 7: Learning to Read a Document
- Session 8: Learning History with Documents
- Session 9: Culmination – Being a Historian