Group Sales Associate (FT)
JOB TITLE: Group Sales Associate
DEPARTMENT: Group Sales
REPORTS TO: Group Sales and Docent Manager
JOB SUMMARY: The Group Sales Associate is responsible for building and maintaining relationships with group tour leaders and tourism professionals, and selling private tour experiences over the phone and via email.
EDUCATION: High school degree.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
- Manage large amounts of outbound calls in a timely manner
- Follow communication “scripts” when handling different tour experiences
- Research and identify organizations’ interests and likelihood of group visits and tours
- Update Group Sales contact lists with the most up-to-date and relevant information
- Conduct research and add new group leader contacts
- Ability to close sales over the phone
- Seize opportunities to upsell when they arise
- Exhibit a strong and enthusiastic knowledge of tour and group experience offerings
- Build sustainable relationships and engage with group leaders by taking the extra mile
- Keep records of all conversations in our call excel database in a comprehensible way
- Frequently attend exhibition presentations and walk-throughs to improve knowledge and performance level
- Meet personal/Group Sales qualitative and quantitative targets
- Additional duties as requested.
EXPERIENCE and QUALIFICATION:
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a sales role
- Track record of over-achieving quota
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Competency with Google Sheets and Gmail
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Ability to multi-task, set priorities and manage time effectively
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- An enthusiasm for Group Sales work and the desire to take on challenges
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee with or without accommodation, to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This is largely a sedentary role using a computer; however, some filing is required. This would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stoop as necessary.
For consideration please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com Please reference the job title in the subject line.
Internal Candidates should contact a member of the Human Resource department directly.
The New-York Historical Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer