For Metro-North special discount package call 511 or visit our website at www.mta.info/mnr
What Our Visitors Say
- "Wonderful and inspiring."
— Dianne Wiest, March 7, 2012
- “Short and snappy, yet comprehensive too -- no mean feat!”
— Mike Wallace, February 7, 2012
- “Not to be missed is a panoramic film of New York”
— New York Times, November 13
- "...We were also absolutely blown away by the film which manages to convey more about NewYork and its history than one could imagine ever being crammed into 18 minutes."
— Carol Leimas, New York, NY
- "a fast-paced, state-of-the-art film...on the history of New York City."
— Wall Street Journal, November 22, 2011
- “what a pleasant shock… the film closed playing "NewYork" by Jay Z & Alicia Keys.”
— Yelp, November 14
- "wonderful and moving."
— Gotham-Lover, TripAdvisor.com, 12/22/11
- "NYC film is a visual explosion."
— Shari Cohen via Twitter, 1/30/12
- "Just go watch the 18 minute video about New York. It makes me so darn proud to be part of this hunk of rock!"
— Nate Kimball via Facebook 11/9/11
- 'New York Story', [whisks] through New York history with lighting effects, constantly moving screens and a projection of almost IMAX-like proportions.
— The Bowery Boys Blog, 11/15/11
- “Great intro movie - don't miss it.”
— TripAdvisor, December 2011
Support the New-York Historical Society
Help us present groundbreaking exhibitions and develop educational programs about our nation's history for more than 200,000 schoolchildren annually.
What Our Visitors Say
- I have organized several group tours…and everyone was impressed with the knowledge and enthusiasm of the docents who have such a command of the exhibition.
— Marie Harrington, Scarsdale NY
- The New-York Historical Society is one of my favorite museums because it is large enough to have a magnificent collection and splendid exhibits but small enough to offer an intimate experience for visitors
— Steven S. Berizzi, Associate Professor, Norwalk Community College, Norwalk, CT
- A good starting point for your visit to New York. It will help you understand the people and history of this amazing city.
— Phyllis Epstein, New York, NY
- When I talk to friends, I explain the New-York Historical Society's appeal to me by a simple phrase: "I never walk through the doors of the Society and not learn something." What better reason to visit?
— Jim Picinich, New York, NY
- No trip to manhattan can be without visiting here. One of the greatest museums in the city!
— Mateo C. Oakland Gardens, NY
- I always enjoy visiting the New-York Historical Society. Their permanent collection has Tiffany, Audubon and the Hudson River School painters. Their special shows are also fabulous and diversified.
— Lisa Siegel, New York, NY
Please fill out all of the following fields to reserve a group tour at the New-York Historical Society. If you are interested in booking a K-12 group, please click here. Once you hit submit, our group sales coordinator will be in touch with you to review your information and confirm your tour.
*Submission of this form is not a confirmation of your tour and does not guarantee the availability of your requested date.